Webb County’s BLT Program Assistants
Nutrition Educator Genesis Hernandez
Nutrition Educator Valeria Arredondo
Fresh Start to a Healthier You is a free 4 week series that educates participants on Fight BAC principles, meal planning, budgeting and healthy snacking. The class offers helpful tips, incentives and delicious food demonstrations.
Walk and Talk is a free 6-8 week curriculum given once a week where team members gather to walk or conduct exercises. We discuss fruits and veggies that are in season, incorporate a recipe that aids a healthy lifestyle as well as incentives that support the message of better living and nutrition.
Herbed Garden Pizza
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400 °F.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend with olive oil.
- 3. Place pizza crust on pizza pan. Brush pizza dough with olive oil blend, reserve remainder.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss vegetables and remaining olive oil blend.
- 5. Spread coated vegetables evenly over pizza dough, leaving about 1/2-inch border around the edges. Top vegetables with shredded cheese.
- 6. Bake 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Throughout Webb County, participants are given to healthy recipes, cooking demonstrations, food safety information, portion control recommendations, and grocery shopping tips through research-based lessons like:
- A Fresh Start to a Healthier You!: a program focused on healthy and safe food practices
- Walk and Talk: a program to increase physical activity, in order to lead a healthier lifestyle
- Be Well Live Well: a program on healthy aging where they can learn to reduce risk for disease and engage in a healthy lifestyle.