FIRST MEETING: Tuesday, May 30th from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Extension Office Conference Room.
Please RSVP by email or phone no later than Friday May 26th by 2:00 p.m.
Contact Angie Sifuentes, CEA-FCS or Ashley Gastineau, CEP-FCS
The AgriLife Extension office will be creating a 4-H/FCS Committee open to all adults and youth. The date of our first meeting is to be announced in April; however, keep this committee in mind if you or anyone in your club is interested in being a part of the following projects:
- Clothing & Textiles (Duds to Dazzle, Fashion Show, Fashion Storyboard, Natural Fiber, Quilt Challenge, Recordbook, Trashion Show, Educational presentations)
- Consumer Education (Consumer Decision-Making, Educational presentations, Recordbook: Consumer Education)
- Food & Nutrition (Food Show, Food Challenge, Educational presentations, Nutrition Quiz Bowl, Recordbook, Recipe Rally)
- Health (Educational presentation: Health, Healthy Lifestyle Invitational, Recordbook: Health)
- Safety (Recordbook: Safety, Educational presentations: Safety and Injury Prevention)
- Family Life (Recordbook: Family Life, Educational presentations)
- Housing & Home Environment (Educational presentations, Recordbook: Housing & Home Environment)
The goal of this committee is to:
1) Create a 2017-18 calendar for county events that will benefit all 4-Hers interested in multiple projects
2) Discuss and appoint projects, project leaders, and workshops
3) Provide leadership and community service opportunities.
4) Plan a yearly 4-H/FCS Mega Clinic to promote projects.
5) Plan and provide fundraisers for our 4-H/FCS projects.
6) Create and plan county events for 4-H/FCS projects.