Welcome to the 4-H & Youth Development page!
Landen Gulick – CEA 4-H & YD
Major Changes to Quality Counts for the 2018-2019 Year!
All livestock exhibitors are required to be re-verified on the new system for Spring Major Shows Entries.
Coming Soon for Quality Counts* A new and improved Quality Counts is coming SOON! We are expecting launch in August 2018! Be on the lookout for information and step-by-step direction to help you facilitate a smooth transition. Verification in the new program will be required for Spring major show entry!
Timeline for Recorded Books
May 16, 2018 Workshop
June 18, 2018 Recorded books are due to the county for review.
July 3, 2018 Deadline to register for the district contest on 4-H Connect
July 10, 2018 District Contest.
Deadline to apply is: May 31, 2018
County Show Results:
- 4-H Club Managers & 4-H Youth Council Meetings/Training: First Tuesday of every month (except June & July) at the Extension Office Conference room from 6 – 7 p.m.
Attention: All club managers will designate a livestock project leader to coordinate validation cards for their club. Live stock project leaders are responsible to turn in all information to the Extension Office and provide livestock exhibitors with Extension Office deadline dates.
All 4-H members must be enrolled on 4-H Connect and in active status prior to submitting L.I.F.E. livestock validation cards. Please make note to follow the Webb County Extension Office Deadline Dates are NOT L.I.F.E. Dates, so that you can meet the deadlines accordingly.
2018 Adult Leader and Parent Association Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Webb County 4-H Adult Leader and Parent Association Scholarship, the applicant must 1.) Be a current active 4-H member 2.) attend public school, private school, or be home-schooled in Webb County 3.) Be a graduating senior or junior. Scholarship applications are due March 12, 2018 to the Webb County Extension office before 5 pm.
Click on the links below to open helpful resources for many of our 4-H projects. If you are interested in becoming a project leader, joining the 4-H Workshop Project Committees, or scheduling an Explore Guide curriculum with your club, contact your county extension agents.
Want to know more about 4-H and have access to materials such as Achievement and Recognition Certificates (Official Documents):
- Click on the following link, Texas 4-H Publications to view information on 4-H management, projects, records, recruitment and more!
- We encourage all club managers and 4-H’ers to browse and explore the following: Texas 4-H Website and District 12 4-H Website.
- Click on Webb County 4-H Clubs 2017-18 to view our local clubs. *Please note the list is subject to changes and/or additions.*
Take Advantage of what 4-H and Youth Development Program has in store for you! Visit Texas 4-H and learn about Youth Education Programs, Volunteer Opportunities, Upcoming Events and Projects, or Agent Information.
- To learn more about Scholarship and College Support, Explore Here!
Have you got an interest in photography and would like to know more about the Photography Contest?
- Click Here to get all the information you need on project descriptions, resources, rules and previous results!